Locally owned and operated.
Adept Driver Training is based at Maclean in the Northern Rivers (NSW) and offers quality driving lessons with a highly experienced driving instructor with over 25 years of training students at both a learner and advanced driver level.
The business is accredited by:
- Transport for NSW (formerly RMS) to provide driving lessons.
- As a Keys2Drive instructor by the Commonwealth Government (to provide a sponsored driving lesson for learner drivers).
The only company between Coffs Harbour and Evans Head to be accredited to provide this free driving lesson.
- A graduate of The Transport Industries Skills Centre (A.C.T).
- A graduate of the Close Personal Protection (VIP) training course (A.C.T).
- A Graduate of the 121 Driver Training Pty Ltd driving instructor certification course.
- A Guest lecturer (2017-2022) at the RYDAcar program (Yamba) for all school age students in the Northern Rivers area studying year 10.
- A guest lecturer at the RYDAcar program at Woolgoolga in 2021.
- A member of the Yamba Chamber of Commerce.
- NSW Police - CAPI licence holder (in order to investigate vehicle accidents on behalf of solicitors and private clients)
(As at 1 June 2022) Only one student in 2022 has failed the Transport for NSW (formerly RMS) “P” Plate
practical exam on their first attempt.
Between 2016 and 2021, 95% of students passed on their first attempt!
Adept Driver Training provides an “all encompassing approach” to learner driving that includes:
- A very high emphasis on safety.
- Smooth driving techniques.
- Money savings tips (regarding both the vehicle, and the students driving skills), and
- A brief overview of the ramifications of dangerous driving (Police, Courts, road rage and insurance).
We specialise in the following areas of driver training:
- Learner drivers studying for the P plate practical examination.
- Elderly drivers wishing to practice for the older driver assessment test (from age 85).
- Intellectually challenged students.
- Physically challenged students.
Adept Investigations & Training Pty Ltd also conducts accident investigations on behalf of clients subject to civil litigation to determine the cause of specific vehicle accidents. Knowledge gained in this process is in turn passed onto our younger students to hopefully have them not make the same mistakes.
How many lessons are required for learner drivers to progress to a provisional licence is different for each student.
If you have purchased driving lessons from another instructor in the area and for the first 3-5 lessons they merely have you drive around Maclean and Yamba I suggest you find another instructor. Adept aims to teach the majority of students all that's required to pass the P plate test within those 3-5 lessons.
For students who know little about the workings of a car, I also recommend the student undertakes an Introductory lesson that includes * 60 minutes visibly showing the student the vital components of the car, followed by a 30 minute drive.
* The 60 minute “in-car” tutorial teaches students the basics of maintaining a car, including areas that require regular maintenance checks, and the layout/operation of the passenger cabin. The cost of this lesson is only $40 (pricing correct as at 1 June 2022).
The following is a complete list of suburbs we service:
The only company between Coffs Harbour and Evans Head accredited by the Commonwealth Government to provide a free driving lesson.